If you have an Automobl product or service that is not provided by Automobl (such as a referral or promotion from a vehicle manufacturer), please review the relevant privacy notice that covers such product or service or contact your product or service provider for information about their privacy practices.
As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third-party web sites, apps or services from within the Website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third-party sites, and by providing a link we are not endorsing or promoting such third-party sites. When you link away from our Website you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the policies and terms of every web site, app or Website you visit. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or websites available on or through any such websites.
Information Relating to Minors
Our Website is not intended for persons under the age of majority. We do not knowingly collect data from, or market online to, persons under the age of majority. The use of Automobl Inc.’s website and our apps by minors is prohibited by the applicable terms of service. If we are made aware that we have received such information, or any information in violation of our policy, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records.
What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
The types of information we collect depends on which product or service you use.
Information you provide to us
Sometimes you give information directly to us (or to our Service Providers).
If you subscribe to our service, you will be required to create an account, and provide us with your first and last name, email address, province/location and payment information. You will also be required to select a user name, and a password. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information and you should not share your account credentials with others.
Other examples of instances in which you may provide us with information include:
- Completing an online form or survey;
- Registering or enrolling in our other programs, if any;
- Entering a contest or register for a marketing offer; or
- Making a purchase on our Website.
Information we collect through your use of our Website
We also gather information when you:
- Visit or use our Website;
- View or click on our ads or other online content; and
- Interact with us through social media websites and other websites and apps.
We (and our third-party service providers or Third-Party Ad-Servers) also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. A cookie is a small data file that a website transfers to your computer’s hard drive. We may place cookies when you visit our Website or another company’s website where our ads appear or when you make purchases, request or personalize information, or register for certain services. If you accept the cookies used on our Website, or websites where our ads appear, you may give us access to information about your interests. We may use that information to personalize your experience. Similar technologies such as web beacons, pixels, gifs, and tags also do the same thing. When you visit or use the Website we may automatically collect and store certain information about you, such as the type of browser or device operating system you use, the domain name of the web site from which you linked to us, the amount of time you spend on the Website and the pages on the Website that you view. We may also aggregate information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular region or having particular characteristics).
Many cookies collect de-identified information that cannot be used to identify you personally, such as how you arrive at our website or your general location. However, certain cookies do collect personal information. For example, if you click “Remember Me” when you log in to our website, a cookie will store your username.
- the device you use to browse our websites or use our apps (for example, we may collect information about the operating system or the browser version and the type of device you use to open electronic communications from us);
- the IP address and information related to that IP address (such as domain information, your internet provider and geographic location);
- your browsing and app use activities over time (such as what you search for, the pages you view, how long you stay, and how often you come back) and across other websites and apps, following your visit to one of our websites or apps (third parties typically perform such activities on our behalf);
- the likely associations among different browsers and devices;
- which ads or online content from us and those of our partners, if any, that you view, access, or click on;
- whether you open our electronic communications and which parts you click on (for example, how many times you open the communication); and
- the location of your mobile device (for example, to help prevent fraud or when you register to receive or we otherwise provide location based content on our mobile websites or apps); and
- how you found our Website or app, such as from which website or app you came from.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. For example, we may use companies that provide the technology to place ads on websites (and apps) and track how ads perform. These companies may also place and access cookies on your device. The information they collect from our websites is in a form that does not identify you personally.
These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. Please see “What are your choices about how we keep information?” for more details.
Other times we may collect information from you
When you ask for help from our customer support team, we will collect and store the information you provide (generally your name and email address). We will store the communications you have with the customer support team and any information in those communications.
We may communicate with you through email or other means. Communications may relate to purchase confirmations, promotions, service availability or other service-related issues. You are not able to opt-out of certain communications, including those relating to purchase confirmations, functions or features of the Website, or technical or security notices. For information on unsubscribing from our marketing or promotional emails, please see below.
How do we use the information we collect about you?
We may use information we collect about you on its own or in combination with other information to:
- deliver products and services, including to:
- recognize you when you return to our Website;
- complete transactions;
- tell you about updates to your accounts, products, and services;
- update you about new features and benefits;
- answer questions and respond to your requests made through our websites or apps and through third-party websites (including social media);
- use the location of your mobile device for location-based services that you may request;
- determine how to best provide services to you and manage your accounts, such as the best way and time to contact you;
- improve our Website and make them easier to use;
- advertise and market our products and services – and those of our partners – including to:
- send or provide you with ads, promotions, and offers;
- analyze whether our ads, promotions, and offers are effective;
- help us determine whether you may be interested in new products or services;
- conduct research and analysis, including to:
- better understand our customers and our website or app users;
- allow you to give feedback by rating and reviewing our products and services and those of our partners;
- produce data analytics, statistical research, and reports;
- review and change our products and services;
- manage fraud and security risk, including to:
- detect and prevent fraud or criminal activity;
- safeguard the security of your information; and
- use it in other ways as required or permitted by law or with your consent.
How we treat your Personal Information
We do not share personal information with anyone except as described below.
We may share personal information as follows:
- with regulatory authorities, courts, and governmental agencies to meet or comply with legal orders, legal or regulatory requirements, and or requests from a government agency or regulatory body;
- with our service providers, regulatory authorities, and governmental agencies to detect and prevent fraud or criminal activity, and to protect the rights of Automobl or others;
- with companies that are affiliated with Automobl Companies;
- with our third-party service providers who perform services for us and help us operate our business;
- with third parties with whom Automobl jointly offers or develops products and services (but they may not use your personal information – in particular your email address – to independently market their own products or services to you unless you consent that they can do so);
- in connection with a bankruptcy proceeding or the sale, merger or change of control of the company or the division responsible for the Website with which your personally identifiable information is associated; or
- for specific products or services, when you have given your consent.
Data processing outside your country
We may transfer personal information to third-party service providers or affiliated companies, for example, to process transactions and provide you with our products or services. We may process your information outside the country where you live. By using the Website, you consent to the transfer of information outside the country you live in. You understand that if your information is processed in a foreign country, it may be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities within that jurisdiction.
How we handle Aggregated Information and De-identified Information
Aggregated or de-identified information does not identify you individually; it helps us to analyze patterns among groups of people. We may share aggregated or de-identified information in several ways, for example:
- with the same parties and for the same reasons as we might share personal information;
- with partners, if any, to help develop and market programs, products or services
- with partners, if any, to conduct analysis and research about customers, website and app users; or
- with third-party service providers to place ads (including ads of our partners, if any) on various websites and apps, and to analyze the effectiveness of those ads.
How do we keep and safeguard your information?
We use administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal information. These measures include commercially reasonable computer safeguards and secured files and facilities. We take reasonable steps to securely destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it. We will keep your personal information only as long as required to deliver our products and services and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with our standard procedures or as necessary for archival/audit purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your personally identifiable information, we may continue to retain and use aggregate or anonymous data previously collected and/or anonymize or aggregate your personally identifiable information. We may continue to keep archived data related to your use of the Website.
We have undertaken and will continue to undertake commercially reasonable efforts designed to prevent unauthorized access to user data retained in our servers, however, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information provided online.We will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
What are your choices about how we keep information?
Upon request, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of personal information relating to you and give you access to that information, subject to any legal restrictions or rights of refusal.
You may have the right to access, update, and change or correct the personal information that we hold about you, as appropriate.
You have choices about how Automobl collects your information, such as how we manage cookies and similar technologies.
If you do not want us to collect information about you using Cookies and Similar Technologies you can disable or delete them. Most computer systems and browsers offer their own privacy settings. We encourage you to use them to enhance your choices. Most browsers’ advanced settings (such as those in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari) allow you to disable Cookies and Similar Technologies.
Important: If you do disable or delete Cookies and Similar Technologies, some site features and services may not work. You will need to manage your settings for each computer and browser you use to access the Internet.
What are your choices about how we market to you?
You can choose how you would like to receive marketing communications, including direct marketing – whether we send them to you through postal mail, email and/or telephone. If you choose to not receive marketing communications from us, we will honour your choice. Please be aware that if you choose not to receive such communications, certain offers attached to the products or services you have chosen may be affected. We will still communicate with you in connection with servicing your account and fulfilling your requests.
Chief Privacy Officer
If, having shared your concerns with us, you are still not satisfied, you may file a complaint with a privacy regulator, such as the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada by mail at 30 Victoria Street Gatineau, Quebec K1A 1H3 or by calling 1 800 282 1376.